Saturday, August 14, 2010

Movie Seen and Music

My wife and I went to see "Despiciable Me" in 3D today. The movie was great! The 3D effects were OK, but stick around for during the credits, the minions attempt to get into the theater and off the screen.

This evening, we watched "Death Hunt" with Lee Marvin and Charles Bronson. This is a movie from 1981 about a trapper who attempted to rescue a dog that was being mistreated and close to death, but got into big trouble for his efforts. According to the credits, this was based on a true story about events from 1932.

The first fellow to get killed in Death Hunt looked familiar to me. I racked my brain until I finally figured out that he played Billy May's brother in the movie "Running Brave". It's tough to see a familiar face in a movie and not be able to place where one saw it before.

We streamed the movie from Netflix using our blu ray player. Netflix is supposedly expanding their range of movie for instant viewing. The # of movies to view instantly is quite limited, but if it's a good movie you haven't seen, it's worth viewing.

I just got an interesting free app for my iTouch. It's called DI radio and lets one listen to interesting internet radio stations. Right not I'm listening to something called "DJ Matte - Psytrance Mix December 2004". Nice beat, but hard to dance to. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment