This evening my wife and I watched "The Million Dollar Duck" which we received from Netflix today. It was made in 1971 and I recall it being funnier then than it is now.
It stars Dean Jones and Sandy Duncun (whom I had a crush on at the time). I just found some youtube videos where she plays Peter Pan (I had forgotten that).
Anyway, the duck in the movie lays eggs with golden yokes. His name is Charley. The next door neighbor works for the treasury and is quite curious where all the gold and money is coming from. According to the movie, it's against federal regulations to have a certain amount of gold in one's posession. Amazing, America was not America even in 1971, and you thought it was bad now! :-) Anyway I give the movie 2 out of 5 stars. It's quite dated and the comedy is mainly slapstick with keystone cop sequences several times in the movie.
Tuesday, August 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment