Sunday, June 6, 2010

Movie Seen

Saturday evening, trying to find a movie in the house that we actually haven't seen, I selected "The Last Detail". This was a 1973 movie about a naval prisoner (Randy Quaid) who is to be escorted to Portsmith to serve an 8 year sentence for attempting to steal $40. Jack Nicholson is one of the Shore Patrol escorts.
It's a tough movie to watch because it's a very dark comedy. I was, however, quite shocked to see Gilda Radner! She has a small part in the film as a member of a chanting group the boys come across. Very nice to see her looking healthy and young. This was years before her SNL stint.
One of my favorite actors Carol Kane also appears.
Jack Nicholson was 37 years old in this film. He didn't look too good (according to my wife). He got better looking and more interesting as he got older (again according to my wife).
I give this movie 3 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment