Thursday, September 1, 2011

We Got Tivo

Yesterday, I went to the our cable provider's office and requested DVR, which everyone knows, will allow you to record TV shows and other neat things. They were going to give me a new box, but when they checked my account, they found that all I needed was a hard drive which will attach to the current cable box.

I went home, hooked it up, but required a phone call to get it working. It's a 500GB hard drive which sits off to the side of the cable box and will store the recorded shows. The cool thing is that if you have an HDTV, you can record and play back in HDTV. Very nice.

If you are watching a show, you can press [record] and then if you have to take a break, just hit the [pause] button, and you won't miss a thing as it will keep recording.

It also can record two channels at the same time. So I think if you are watching a show at say, 8:00 in the evening, and it's the same time as two other shows are, you can watch live TV and record the other two. Ain't technology grand.

I got it because I was a bit upset over missing some of my favorite shows because I forgot they were on. Anyway, it's working fine and I am thinking that I should have done it sooner.

It ain't free, but I was able to cancel another service that costs the same so I broke even.




No comments:

Post a Comment