Sunday, October 10, 2010

Movie Seen - Secretariat

I wanted to go see this movie based upon the commercials I saw on TV and partly because the critics seemed to like it.

I think it was well worth seeing as it tells the story of the greatest racing horse ever seen.
I especially like the Belmont race, which is the last one in the Triple Crown and also the longest.
It was claimed that Secretariat had speed, but no distance, yeah right.


Diane Lane does a great job as does everyone else, especialy John Malkovic. I give this movie 5 out of 5 stars. Go see it, it's a wonder that such a horse every existed.

The above video is the actual footage of the 1973 Belmont. As Secretariat pulls away, the owner of the favorite says to himself "That's not possible." (in the film), and, actually it was not, but it was.

I wish to heck I could have been there to see this race and experience all of the hoopla that it generated.

Thank you Disney for making such a great film. I felt that I was there.

No comments:

Post a Comment